Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Grandma's pearls


My grandma is 93 years old and still going strong. I don’t visit nearly often enough but she has never made me feel guilty, just excited to sit with me and catch up. Recently she suffered a fall and is rehabilitating at a care center. Though slow going, she has every intention of getting back on her feet and back in her apartment. I love her determination. During this visit, she had some pearls of wisdom to share with me and I wanted to write them down to look on them whenever I’m feeling low.
"Enjoy life now. I have had a long and happy life so far and wants to keep enjoying it. Life is too short to hold onto grudges or dislike others because of some fault. Nobody is perfect, least of all me. I'm sure that along the way of bringing up my daughter and son, I've embarrassed them both but they are adults now and have to navigate their own paths. So love the family around you and enjoy the time left with friends."
Better than any real pearls, these are pearls I will dearly hold onto. I love my grandma and look forward to more years of her stories, her wisdom and warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment