Saturday, August 8, 2009

World's best security system

My in-laws are coming over for a visit and that's actually a good thing. The kids love them and the grandparents love to hang out with them. But it was a last minute visit and we had spent the morning at the Woodland Park Zoo which means we left the house in a bit of a mess. I was doing what a lot of mothers do and that's the mad dash to straighten things up. It's really a great way to get your cardio in for the day. Anyways, as I was picking up, throwing away and making nice neat piles out of a blanket of mail I noticed some of the items I was picking up. I found a tube of toothpaste sans cap in the kitchen. Calamine lotion in the toy box. A toddler cabinet lock over by the front door which explains why my personal items ended up on the bathroom floor and the rest of the house. Still missing is my hairbrush now MIA for 3 days. But I was excited to find my sunglasses which had been missing for 2 weeks under the couch along with a half a plastic egg, various small toys and a bottle valve I didn't even know was missing. That's a score. All of this led me to conclude we have the world's best security system because a thief entering our house just might conclude somebody got there first.

3 comments:

  1. That explains the eye make up remover Christina found under Ethan's crib last Saturday. Oh what little hands get in to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! I make that joke too! If a burglar ever crawled through our window, he would crawl right back out, assuming someone else had already ramsacked the joint. Good to hear I'm not the only one.

    My bra has been MIA for six days. What the heck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine a burglar trying to be clever and go through the garage at our house! HA! That thing is booby-trapped. He/she would have to crawl over a refrigerator, several bikes, big wheels, and strollers, lots of fishing gear (that has never been used), and just about anything else you can think of.
    I pity the fool!

    ReplyDelete